Auto-connecting the "hardware-observe" and "modem-manager" interface for the "lenovo-wwan-dpr" snap

Hello Reviewers,

This is regarding manual approval for auto-connect for below interface in “lenovo-wwan-dpr” Snap:

• hardware-observe
  • modem-manager

“lenovo-wwan-dpr” SNAP is for DPR (dynamic power reduction) functionality required for WWAN feature.
Currently this app handles limited functionality but it will be extended for different products and based on different modem soon .

I have submitted “lenovo-wwan-dpr” only in edge channel since “snapd” dependency of this snap is submitted now in edge channel of snapd.

Reason for approval :

1. For hardware-observe:
    We are getting product name from “/sys/devices/virtual/dmi/id/product_family” path in our APP . This is done in order to enable functionality only on selected products.
    Issue Log:
    : [27040.017527] audit: type=1400 audit(1627377803.587:160): apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“open” profile=“snap.lenovo-wwan-dpr.wwan-dpr” name="/sys/devices/virtual/dmi/id/product_family" pid=8041 comm=“DPR_wwan” requested_mask=“r” denied_mask=“r” fsuid=0 ouid=0

2. For modem-manager:
    I have received update that modification to fix below is done in “snapd” to add “mbim-proxy”, in “edge” channel of snapd.
    Error log which gets fixed by this:
    ubuntu-ThinkEdge audit[902]: AVC apparmor=“DENIED” operation=“connect” profile=“snap.lenovo-wwan-dpr.lenovo-wwan-dpr” pid=902 comm=“DPR_Fcc_unlock_” family=“unix” sock_type=“stream” protocol=0 requested_mask=“send receive connect” denied_mask=“send connect” addr=none peer_addr="@mbim-proxy" peer=“unconfined”

Can you please provide manual permission and let me know, if any information is needed.
Since this is first time , I am doing this , Please feel free to update if i had missed something.

Thanks & Regards,
Nitin Joshi

Here are some links related to this request:

+1 from me for auto-connect of both these interfaces - modem-manager is clearly required as a primary function of the snap - and hardware-observe is useful to ensure it only runs on devices which are known supported. Can other @reviewers please vote too?

+1 from me for auto-connect for both these interfaces.

@reviewers Can you please support to provide update on this request ?
Thank you !!

Thank you for your comment

Thank you for your comment!!

@reviewers Can you please support to provide update on this request ?
Thank you !!

+2 votes for, 0 votes against, granting auto-connect of hardware-observe and modem-manager for lenovo-wwan-dpr. This is now live.

@alexmurrayThank you for granting approval