Auto-connect request for microovn snap

Hello,

The microovn snap has now been pushed to the store and we’re now working on making it all work out of the box before we can fit it into the microcloud offering.

As part of that, the following interfaces don’t currently auto-connect:

• firewall-control
  • hardware-observe
  • hugepages-control
  • network-control
  • openvswitch-control
  • process-control
  • system-trace

That’s admittedly quite the scary combination but the requirement for those stems from the fact that microvon ships the OpenVSwitch daemon as part of the snap. That daemon operates a full L2 switch on Linux, using a large set of network APIs in Linux, interacting with TC and netfilter for flow offloading and supports direct hardware offloading.

The set we have here was taken from the existing ovn-chassis snap, so they should already have been considered for this kind of use.

The snap is available in the store currently (snap install microovn --edge). The source for it is currently available at https://github.com/canonical/microovn

@fnordahl is the author and publisher of the existing ovn-chassis snap and will soon become the main publisher of microovn too as I’m only doing the initial development on this snap before handing it over to the OVN team.

Thanks!

Given the use-cases of the this snap these are expected and not unreasonable.

+1 to auto-connect the following interfaces for microovn:

firewall-control
hardware-observe
hugepages-control
network-control
openvswitch-control
process-control
system-trace

Thanks!

I take it we need another +1 to have this one cleared?

+1 from me for the snap microovn to auto-connect these interfaces

firewall-control
hardware-observe
hugepages-control
network-control
openvswitch-control
process-control
system-trace

I’ve enabled the above auto-connections based on the two +1s. Note that openvswitch-contrll is actually openvswitch-support.

• Daniel