Auto connect for wickrenterprise

I would like to request that network-observe is connected automatically for wickrenterprise. Our application requires these connections for the Qt network bearer to show network status and network management. The user must enable these to use the application or a connection to the wickr server is not possible.

I would also like to request alsa, audio-playback, audio-record, and camera are automatically enabled as our app does video conferencing.

Thank you,
Stevyn Pompelio
spompelio@wickr.com

Note, audio-playback is already auto-connected.

+1 for auto-connect of network-observe, audio-record and camera.

alsa is an unusual request since audio-playback and audio-record grant access to pulseaudio and snaps should typically use pulseaudio for audio instead of alsa directly since it can handle multiplexing of clients. Not all hardware can handle multiplexing when being accessed directly through alsa so granting auto-connect might allow the snap to (inadvertently) block audio. -1 to auto-connect alsa (though I’m happy to reconsider that vote provided more information on why it is required).

@reviewers - can others please vote?

Ping @reviewers - can some of you vote?

+1 for auto-connect of audio-record and camera given the purpose of the snap.

Regarding network-observe:

To clarify, the first sentence here outlines what sound like non-fatal issues (e.g. the inability to show network status), but then the second says that it makes the connection to the wickr server impossible. What is the missing piece that actually makes said connection impossible?

+1 for audio-record and camera, but I would like to understand a bit more on the need for alsa.

+1 from me for audio-record, camera and network-observe. Since no more info has been provided re alsa, 0 from me for alsa.

Tallying and processing the dominant votes as they stand:

+4 for audio-record and camera
+2 for network-observe
-1 for alsa

auto-connect for audio-record, camera and network-observe for wickrenterprise is now live. If you can provide more information regarding the alsa request this can be dealt with in the future.