Apps from snap cannot access /usr/share/libdrm/amdgpu.ids

Hello.

Hope, I have chosen correct category :slight_smile: I changed my device some times ago and I discovered there are problems with snapped apps on AMD GPU. All of them cannot access /usr/share/libdrm/amdgpu.ids file. I unsquashed one of (https://github.com/altair-graphql/altair/issues/1969) app and added path /usr/share/libdrm/ to the LD_LIBRARY_PATH. It resolved the problems, but problem is global, and a lot of applications cannot access this file. Can you propose some solution for that avoid changing all snaps manually?

Best regards.

I also see this problem. This problem should be solved globally and not by every single snap package. For me this problem occurs for the snap packages:

• slack
  • IntelliJ
  • bitwarden

I was forced to uninstall these snap packages because they were not usable in this state. I manually needed to install the .deb packages from vendor site. But this way no auto update is possible. Would love to see a global solution.

Is there a way to create a feature request for this?

I got the same problem. Would like to know if there are solutions. Thanks

You need to install the “amdgpu” package. This solved my problem after installing and rebooting.

sudo apt-get install amdgpu

E: No se ha podido localizar el paquete amdgpu

no found

This may also be relevant: Core22: is `libdrm` there to stay?

The file is present in core22 base, but not in older ones. So this problem should gradually be solved as apps move to more modern bases.

Because you need to update first… :grin: sudo apt-get update

The file is present in core22 base, but not in older ones. So this problem should gradually be solved as apps move to more modern bases.

“/libdrm/… No such file or directory” issue is still there. I got that message too with

base: core22
layout:
  /usr/share/libdrm:
    bind: $SNAP/gnome-platform/usr/share/libdrm

and in meta of installed package (meta/snap.yaml) there’s drm layout among others:

layout:
  /usr/share/libdrm:
    bind: $SNAP/gnome-platform/usr/share/libdrm
  /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/webkit2gtk-4.0:
    bind: $SNAP/gnome-platform/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/webkit2gtk-4.0
  /usr/share/xml/iso-codes:
    bind: $SNAP/gnome-platform/usr/share/xml/iso-codes

but /usr/share/libdrm/amdgpu.ids: No such file or directory is still present at start.

Is there something that I missed?

Are you using gnome-extension?

give me the snap if possible once built.

to get rid of this message there’s a workaround for core22+gtk apps
snap disconnect yourapp:opengl
p.s. not sure about perfomance a gtk snap without opengl but it works