App installation with snap does not proceed on Manjaro ARM because of GLIBC not found

Hello,
I have an issue with installation:

sudo snap install pi-fancontrol

error: cannot perform the following tasks:

– Run install hook of “pi-fancontrol” snap if present (run hook “install”: /usr/lib/snapd/snap-exec: /lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32′ not found (required by /usr/lib/snapd/snap-exec))

For the reference i have tried to install:

sudo snap install marsshooter

what is wierd - the installation process seems to be OK but I con not run the application because of error while executing:

/usr/lib/snapd/snap-exec: /lib/aarch64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.32’ not found (required by /usr/lib/snapd/snap-exec)

I am using Manjaro ARM Xfce on raspberry pi 4B
System is up to date with pacman -Syyu

Could anybody help me please?

Can you run ldd /usr/lib/snapd/snap-exec and paste the output?

My output of this function is:

lld /usr/lib/snapd/snap-exec
bash: lld: command not found

After instalation lld I get an output:

lld is a generic driver.
Invoke ld.lld (Unix), ld64.lld (macOS), lld-link (Windows), wasm-ld (WebAssembly) instead

You made a typing mistake. It’s ldd not lld

Sorry:

ldd /usr/lib/snapd/snap-exec
linux-vdso.so.1 (0x0000ffffb33b3000)
libc.so.6 => /usr/lib/libc.so.6 (0x0000ffffb31f2000)
libpthread.so.0 => /usr/lib/libpthread.so.0 (0x0000ffffb31c2000)
/lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1 => /usr/lib/ld-linux-aarch64.so.1 (0x0000ffffb3382000)

Your snapd package is built incorrectly. The snap-exec and snapctl binaries need to be built statically as they come from the host system, but get executed inside the snap namespace. I suggest you file a bug with Manjaro.

@mborzecki, could you please paraphrase? I have not understand your last sentence. What is the solution for this?

The solution is to fix the way the package is built and make sure that /usr/lib/snapd/snap-exec and /usr/lib/snapd/snapctl are built statically. The snapd package in AUR does that and has some checks that make the build fail if for whatever reason those binaries are linked dynamically. That is why I suggest you try to file a bug in the appropriate place that Manjaro uses.

I’ve talked to some Manjaro folks, and the a couple of tweaks were applied in 2.49.1-2 version of the package. Please try to update snapd and check whether it works for you now.

With:

sudo pacman -S snapd

i have updated snapd to version:

Version : 2.49-1
Build Date : Thu 11 Feb 2021 11:38:11 AM CET
Install Date : Tue 23 Mar 2021 06:31:31 PM CET

The results of installing pi-control or running marsshooter are the same like in the first post.
What can I do else? Sorry for being novice, but I do not get this static and dynamic differences in builds, that is why I do not following you with this: “try to file a bug in appropriate place”.

Whereas the version I listed is 2.49.1-2. Have you installed the package from Manjaro’s repositories? Have you built it yourself? I’m sorry I’m a bit confused here.

Having the same problam with snap that I have create that runs Flutter. The snap is CyBear Jinni app

$ cybear-jinni 

(CyBear-Jinni_App:10817): dbind-WARNING **: 17:12:52.054: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-GDCGgheD3P: No such file or directory
Gtk-Message: 17:12:52.289: Failed to load module "colorreload-gtk-module"
Gtk-Message: 17:12:52.289: Failed to load module "window-decorations-gtk-module"
Couldn't open libEGL.so.1: /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.33' not found (required by /var/lib/snapd/lib/gl/libEGL.so.1)

My snap use the build in the cloud function that canonical offers.

Here is the snap repo And here is the Flutter project code

Let me guess: nvidia? If yes, then the proper fix for that is cooking here: https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/pull/11023

Here are some instructions on how to test this fix: EGL-using snaps on impish seem to be broken when using the Nvidia proprietary driver