We are proud to announce the availability in beta of the Snap Enterprise Proxy.
The Snap Enterprise Proxy provides an on-premise edge proxy to the Snap Store for your devices. Devices are registered with the proxy, and all communication with the Store will flow through the proxy.
Features included in the beta:
- provides a means to access the Snap Store for devices with restricted network access;
- allows control of snap updates on attached devices;
- caches snap downloads;
- provides a management interface via CLI and RESTful API.
Enterprise deployments requiring use of the proxy should contact us.
How to get it?
In the time-honoured spirit of dog-fooding we have developed the Snap Enterprise Proxy as a strictly confined snap. Run
sudo snap install snapstore --beta and follow the documentation for configuring the proxy and connecting devices.
Why do I want it?
- You have restricted network access, i.e. your devices can’t directly reach the Snap Store (api.snapcraft.io:443)
- You want to control which revisions roll out to your fleet of devices
Bugs should be filed in Launchpad. Please include the version of the Snap Enterprise Proxy, as well as the version of snapd on both the proxy and any devices affected.