Allow Global auto connect for kde-frameworks-5-qt-5-15-3-core20

I’d like to also request global auto connect be allowed for the content snap kde-frameworks-5-qt-5-15-3-core20

It is used for the kde-neon extension which is used by a few Snaps.

flameshot would like to use it https://github.com/flameshot-org/flameshot/issues/1874#issuecomment-915179193
and probably ksnip too.

I don’t plan to make any significant changes to it.

A request for a previous version Allow Global auto connect for kde-frameworks-5-core18

6 Likes

Any progress here? This would be nice for quite some snaps.

@alexmurray: You voted on the last request. Maybe you could chime in here too.

Apologies, this request seems to have slipped under our radar - I’ve added it to our internal queue now :slight_smile: - +1 from me for the same reasons as for the previous core-18 version.

1 Like

@reviewers Ping again. Please review and vote. Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here, +1 from me for the same reasons as the previous version.

1 Like

Weekly ping. Just one more.

@ppd apologize for the delay.

+3 votes for, 0 votes against, granting the requested global auto connect for kde-frameworks-5-qt-5-15-3-core20. This is now live.

1 Like

Does this auto-connection imply --enable-experimental-extensions should be dropped for the KDE Neon extension on Core20, or is there still more work to be done?

@jriddell I notice this snap has changed the name of it’s content interface since this declaration was granted - I see it now uses the name kde-frameworks-5-87-qt-5-15-core20 but we granted kde-frameworks-5-83-qt-5-15-core20 as that was the name in use back when this was originally requested - you shouldn’t be changing the name of the content interface IMO - can you please let me know why this was changed and if you want the auto-connect declaration updated to match? Thanks.