All of sudden i don't have "Snap" installed in Ubuntu 18.10 anymore because of which all the apps installed which is installed through "Snap" dosen't respond or work anymore

(I think the title is enough.)

Please run snap version and snap run _any_of_the_snaps'_identifier_name_ in a terminal and report the result.

It says:

Command 'snap' not found, but can be installed with:

sudo apt install snapd

Please run the mentioned command then logout and re-login your user session and try to reproduce the issue.

Reinstalling the does solved the problem but, really disappointed. What happened? Do i can help somehow? Like by sending the bug report,etc.

What happened?

The snapd package is removed for certain reason.

Do i can help somehow?

Unless you can reproduce it with a certain regular workflow (e.g. not doing something that shouldn’t be done in the first place, like removing Snapd) there’s nothing you can do AFAICT.

“As far as i can tell”, I wanted to solve this problem, so i found an article > https://itsfoss.com/error-snap-not-found/ and found almost all negative comments. Let me know what u think of one of this comment by guy named Michel Bushey , "Snap is doomed to fail with it’s idiotic method of installing into /snap. Why would they not add a symlink to /bin? I’m not adding /snap to PATH, I’m uninstalling snap and staying away from this idiocracy. "

Why would they not add a symlink to /bin? I’m not adding /snap to PATH

I would rather be curious why should snap apps contaminate the /bin directory in the first place :wink: .

u probably work there at Snap. And i feel stupid to ask it here at open comment section where ur boss can see the comment. Do u really think, “Snap is perfect” to do things? Or something is still missing here…!

u probably work there at Snap.

I would really hope so as there will be salary for me ;_;

Do u really think, “Snap is perfect” to do things?

Snap is not perfect, however, “certain_software isn’t installed in the system in the first place” isn’t really something that certain_software should take the blame of unless it is reproducible in a normal usecase.

u mean, that “snap” should be pre-installed in all distros and it would make it perfect?

Snapd is pre-installed on all supported Ubuntu releases, so the problem is, why it is no longer installed in your Ubuntu 18.10?

I don’t think, its a bad thing. User are install it later if they want. Its a good thing. Pre-installing each and every shit make entire OS big filled with bloatware. So, it not that bad.

re-installing each and every shit make entire OS big filled with bloatware.

Complain it on the ubuntu-devel-discuss mailing list then, we aren’t the guys that work on the Ubuntu operating system.

OMG, u r not admitting “u r right”. U seeing this issue one-directionally. Think, if u r the place of Ubuntu as a developer.