Alias request for 'ronin'

I would like to request the following aliases for additional commands in the ronin snap:

• ronin.ronin-dbronin-db
  • ronin.ronin-exploitsronin-exploits
  • ronin.ronin-fuzzerronin-fuzzer
  • ronin.ronin-payloadsronin-payloads
  • ronin.ronin-reposronin-repos
  • ronin.ronin-vulnsronin-vulns
  • ronin.wordlistwordlist

Hi,

I could see documentation for the use of the ronin-* commands but I couldn’t find one for wordlist (ronin.wordlist). Can you please point to any existing documentation which outlines this?

Thanks!

The wordlist command comes from the wordlist gem which is a dependency of the ronin gem.

Hey @postmodern

+1 from for granting ronin snap following auto-alias:

• ronin.ronin-dbronin-db

Regarding wordlist auto-alias, It does not look appropriate in this situation for me. I think that it should be possible (and a better alternative) to create a wordlist snap exposing wordlist by slotting a content interface. You can then make use of the default-provider attribute to establish the dependency between ronin and wordlist so that snapd automatically install wordlist snap when installing the ronin one. Would that make sense?

Then leave wordlist as ronin.wordlist.

If I did create a snap just for wordlist and added it to stage-snap, then there would be two copies of wordlist installed on the user’s file-system, the wordlist gem installed inside of the ronin snap and the separate wordlist snap.

Whilst I never tried it, it should be possible (If I understood the documentation properly) to remove wordlist from stage-package and stage-snap and share wordlist libraries and binaries through the content interface so it will be available to ronin snap, thus removing duplicates from the file-system.

You can either add documentation to instruct user to create the alias locally by issuing snap alias ronin.wordlist wordlist

wordlist is a gem dependency of the ronin gem, which is already published to rubygems.org and installed by rubygems inside of the snap. So I can’t replace a gem dependency with a snap dependency.

I agree with @jslarraz. +1 from me as well for:

• ronin.ronin-dbronin-db

@cav @jslarraz can I amend my request? I forgot an additional app command that was missing from my snap:

• ronin.ronin-webronin-web

+1 from me as well for the followings:

• ronin.ronin-dbronin-db

I also +1 for the new request too, I will grant them all together, once other reviewers (@review-team ) also vote for the new request below:

Thanks

+1 also from me for ronin.ronin-web → ronin-web alias request

3 votes for, 0 against the following aliases:

• ronin.ronin-dbronin-db

and 2 votes for, 0 against the following alias:

Granting aliases for the above commands to ronin snap. this is now live. Thanks.