Alias request for hey-mail

Hi folks! Hoping to get hey as an alias for hey-mail, to match the product name more exactly.

Thanks!

1 Like

+1 from me, I didn’t find any high-profile conflicts for the top-level hey name.

• Daniel
1 Like

When you say alias, do you appreciate that’s just for the command line interface?
That won’t change the name as it appears in the store. If you want to have the hey name so people can snap install hey and https://snapcraft.io/hey works, you’ll need to register that name (as you did with hey-mail). We don’t support renaming of snaps, and we don’t have aliases for store names.

I only say this as I’m guessing that’s what you’re after, forgive me if that’s wrong.

Yes, I appreciate it’s just for the cli, and that’s perfect. At the time of creating hey-mail, we determined not to ask the owner of hey for the name (as their project is still maintained and it’s not a stale name), but rather just go with hey-mail and have an alias for hey.

2 Likes

Ok, sorry for the noise / misunderstanding. :slight_smile: Thanks for publishing hey in the Snap Store.

‘hey’ does conflict with the ‘hey’ deb and the ‘hey’ snap (as mentioned), but IME, hey-mail is sufficiently different from the hey HTTP load generator to not cause confusion. +1 for the alias.

+2 votes for, 0 votes against, granting alias of hey for hey-mail. This is now live.