Hi there! I’d like to apply for snapcrafters membership.
My relevant credentials are:
- Own and maintain the ruff snap since February 2023 (11 months)
- Own and maintain the genopro snap since December 2022 (1 year)
- Maintain my own codespell snap under my own user namespace for about a month
- Contributed to the GitHub CLI snap
- Created some GitHub workflows to help keep snaps up-to-date with upstream releases.
- Contributor to libraries used by snapcraft (and occasionally to snapcraft itself)
I’d like to contribute to snapcrafters in the following ways:
- Update the current codespell snap and begin maintaining it
- Update the CI for existing snapcrafters snaps
- Test candidate versions of snapcrafters snaps (I already do this for Signal)
- General maintenance (e.g. building and maintaining a list of “help wanted” snaps)
Looking forward to hearing from you!
EDIT: As a potential conflict of interest statement: I am a Canonical employee, and my work on snapcraft and its libraries is part of my day job. However, I’m applying here in a purely personal capacity, and all other work I’ve mentioned have been done in a personal capacity. Canonical haven’t asked me to do this, and I do not intend to tie any snapcrafters stuff to my work. I will be doing this in my own time on my own hardware.