Adopt my launcher projects

Launchers are small programs that modify the runtime environment to make a snapped application function properly. They’re typically scripts that modify environment variables before running the application itself.

– Quoted from Using launchers

I would like to request adopting most if not all launcher projects to the Snapcrafters organization due to the following reasons:

• Launchers are in particular useful in many snaps and should be best maintained by the community, not a specific person
  • Being adopted by Snapcrafters will eliminate concerns of including code from a person with an unknown reputation

You may check out the list of launchers at Using launchers .

2 Likes

I think this is a good idea. I’ve already benefited from having sommelier-core use the official PR flow; we found an important issue with my PR.

Specifically; +1 for adopting the homeishome launcher into snapcraft. Very useful tool to fix annoying applications.

I do want to be careful to not include too many launchers so our workload doesn’t increase too much. In case of the homeishome launcher, I don’t think this is a big issue because not much is expected to change in that launcher.

1 Like