Adapta-gtk-theme-colorpack

Hi,

I know original Adapta-gtk-theme exists as a snap, I use it :wink:

Even if no longer maintained, it remains one of the most accomplished theme. But is only provided in one color.

Adapta exists in variant colors → https://github.com/ivankra/adapta-gtk-theme-colorpack that matches the variant folder colors of Papirus icons ( and soon even a Yaru one ).

Wouldn’t it be nice to have all these colors available for snaps ?

So one picture better than thousand words, sometimes.

Above is my actual UBudgie desktop and below are Chromium, Gimp and Audacity as snap.
themes_snap
…as you can see none of them is matching the system theme.

Ok that won’t prevent me from working but it’s just hideous.

There you go adapta-theme-colorpack :slight_smile:

Get it from the Snap Store

To connect it to all snaps which use gtk-common-themes, simply run:

for i in $(snap connections | grep gtk-common-themes:gtk-3-themes | awk '{print $2}'); do sudo snap connect $i adapta-theme-colorpack:gtk-3-themes; done
for i in $(snap connections | grep gtk-common-themes:gtk-2-themes | awk '{print $2}'); do sudo snap connect $i adapta-theme-colorpack:gtk-2-themes; done

I will test but am afraid it won’t work.

Only original blue Adapta is available as a standalone snap. Hear it’s not included in the gtk-common-themes snap.

The color variants for Adapta like DeepOrange I use, are not provided as a snap.

Adapta is a very accomplished theme, in search of maintainer I think.

Same wondering about the whole papirus icons set with its many color variants, including a Yaru one now, not sure the whole is provided as a snap.

did you bother to click on the “get it from the snap store” button above ?

Ouch…

My bad !

I was not on my computer… well no excuse, I sincerely apologize, shame, shame, shame on me : snap_explorers_better

You are my hero !

Now question, regarding icons I did some times ago :

sudo snap connect chromium:icon-themes adapta-gtk-snap:icon-themes

which applies only to Chromium.

So shall I do now something like :

for i in $(snap connections | grep icon-themes | awk '{print $2}'); do sudo snap connect $i adapta-gtk-snap:icon-themes; done

to apply for any installed snap ?

[ edit, a bit later : answer seems yes, only GiMP does its own thing a bit with some icons ( recently used ) ]

:heart:

The adapta-gtk-snap snap is from 2018 and it is possible that these GIMP icons were different at that time. I don’t know what the differences between the different Papirus variations are, but the gtk-common-themes includes the Papirus-Adapta-Maia, Papirus-Adapta-Nokto-Maia, Papirus-Dark-Maia, Papirus-Light-Maia and Papirus-Maia icon themes. These should be more up-to-date and might solve the GIMP problem. I haven’t tested it though.

Many thanks for all of these.

https://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?id=2053913 for french readers.

And https://discourse.ubuntubudgie.org/t/snap-give-same-gtk-and-icon-themes-for-all-snap/3764 on UbuntuBudgie forum.

Hello,

Tista agreed to allow me to publish the gtk-theme-snap on some specific conditions.

If you are going to push derivative stuff please do make sure that everything is 1) credited and 2) licensed correctly.

Adapta is under GPL-v2 for codebase and CC-by-SA4 for SVG/PNG icon assets (dual license), then you should add ‘your’ packaging and publishing license and your credit to your resources for packaging if you had… For a while, it’s really hard to make my time to maintain Snap package(s) by myself, so you do if you want. Yeah that would be a nice feature for Snap users anyway.

Kind regards,
Krish