Adapta-gtk-theme-colorpack

Hi,

I know original Adapta-gtk-theme exists as a snap, I use it :wink:

Even if no longer maintained, it remains one of the most accomplished theme. But is only provided in one color.

Adapta exists in variant colors → https://github.com/ivankra/adapta-gtk-theme-colorpack that matches the variant folder colors of Papirus icons ( and soon even a Yaru one ).

Wouldn’t it be nice to have all these colors available for snaps ?

So one picture better than thousand words, sometimes.

Above is my actual UBudgie desktop and below are Chromium, Gimp and Audacity as snap.

…as you can see none of them is matching the system theme.

Ok that won’t prevent me from working but it’s just hideous.

There you go adapta-theme-colorpack :slight_smile:

Get it from the Snap Store

To connect it to all snaps which use gtk-common-themes, simply run:

for i in $(snap connections | grep gtk-common-themes:gtk-3-themes | awk '{print $2}'); do sudo snap connect $i adapta-theme-colorpack:gtk-3-themes; done
for i in $(snap connections | grep gtk-common-themes:gtk-2-themes | awk '{print $2}'); do sudo snap connect $i adapta-theme-colorpack:gtk-2-themes; done

I will test but am afraid it won’t work.

Only original blue Adapta is available as a standalone snap. Hear it’s not included in the gtk-common-themes snap.

The color variants for Adapta like DeepOrange I use, are not provided as a snap.

Adapta is a very accomplished theme, in search of maintainer I think.

Same wondering about the whole papirus icons set with its many color variants, including a Yaru one now, not sure the whole is provided as a snap.

did you bother to click on the “get it from the snap store” button above ?

Ouch…

My bad !

I was not on my computer… well no excuse, I sincerely apologize, shame, shame, shame on me :

You are my hero !

Now question, regarding icons I did some times ago :

sudo snap connect chromium:icon-themes adapta-gtk-snap:icon-themes

which applies only to Chromium.

So shall I do now something like :

for i in $(snap connections | grep icon-themes | awk '{print $2}'); do sudo snap connect $i adapta-gtk-snap:icon-themes; done

to apply for any installed snap ?

[ edit, a bit later : answer seems yes, only GiMP does its own thing a bit with some icons ( recently used ) ]

:heart:

The adapta-gtk-snap snap is from 2018 and it is possible that these GIMP icons were different at that time. I don’t know what the differences between the different Papirus variations are, but the gtk-common-themes includes the Papirus-Adapta-Maia, Papirus-Adapta-Nokto-Maia, Papirus-Dark-Maia, Papirus-Light-Maia and Papirus-Maia icon themes. These should be more up-to-date and might solve the GIMP problem. I haven’t tested it though.

Many thanks for all of these.

https://forum.ubuntu-fr.org/viewtopic.php?id=2053913 for french readers.

And https://discourse.ubuntubudgie.org/t/snap-give-same-gtk-and-icon-themes-for-all-snap/3764 on UbuntuBudgie forum.

Hello,

Tista agreed to allow me to publish the gtk-theme-snap on some specific conditions.

If you are going to push derivative stuff please do make sure that everything is 1) credited and 2) licensed correctly.

Adapta is under GPL-v2 for codebase and CC-by-SA4 for SVG/PNG icon assets (dual license), then you should add ‘your’ packaging and publishing license and your credit to your resources for packaging if you had… For a while, it’s really hard to make my time to maintain Snap package(s) by myself, so you do if you want. Yeah that would be a nice feature for Snap users anyway.

Kind regards,
Krish