Accessing data through interface

Hi,

I have a python stand alone executable. It fetches some data from another text file. It functions perfectly fine normally.
I tried to snap it and used Home interface in the plugs.
I am getting the following error.

Error loading Python lib ‘/snap/pyapp/x6/bin/libpython2.7.so.1.0’: /snap/pyapp/x6/bin/libpython2.7.so.1.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

My snapcraft.yaml file

name: pyapp
version: '1'
summary: Data access snap
description: |
  This snap can access data.

grade: stable
confinement: strict

parts:
  only-part:
    plugin: dump
    source: .

apps:
  appl:
    command: bin/app1
    plugs: [home]

Is there something I am missing?

You’re using Python but there’s no Python part or stage-packages in your YAML. So it can’t find the interpreter. You might want to use the Python plugin here.

Also, please edit the post so that the YAML is in “pre-formatted text” with the </> button. Otherwise it’s hard to copy and try out your example.

Its a python standalone executable and not a .py file. It wouldn’t need the python interpreter right? I had tried the same by creating an executable out of a C file. I was still not able to access data when packaged as a snap. I will update the yaml part in the post.

The error message suggests it’s still linking to libpython2.7.so.1.0, meaning unless you compile it statically you’ll have to include Python in your snap.