Vagrant Snap - Call for testing

Hi all,

I’m working on a Vagrant snap (https://github.com/snapcrafters/vagrant) and hitting this error when building on Bionic. Any ideas on how to get around this?

The linker version '2.23' used by the base 'core' is incompatible with files in this snap:
    /home/joe/Projects/snap-packages/vagrant/prime/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libruby-2.5.so.2.5.1 (2.25)

Some people here would tell you to install LXD and build with snapcraft cleanbuild.

What worked well for me was to switch from the normal core snap to the core18 snap by using this line in snapcraft.yaml:

base: core18

@joedborg You can use snapcraft and multipass to build core18 snaps locally.

$ snap install snapcraft --edge --classic
$ snap install multipass --edge --classic
$ export SNAPCRAFT_BUILD_ENVIRONMENT=multipass
$ cd mysnapproject
$ snapcraft

It is also possible to configure Launchpad to build using core18 if you want to automate builds.

1 Like

Thanks @Wimpress, It seems that adding base: core18 works fine (do you foresee an issue?)

I’ve corrected some stage packages and the snap seems to work fine on my Ubuntu 18.04 machine, with VirtualBox provider. I’ll look into plugins such as AWS in due course. If others could test too, that’d be great.

I’ll look into making this strict confinement, but that will involve also snapping all the providers (e.g. VirtualBox).

Heya,

Any progress on this. It pops up as a snap that’s been setup but not fully published in one of our daily bots. It’s annoying me daily, so I thought I’d transfer that annoyance to you :smiley:

1 Like