Using git from a program

I have had to give up for the moment and have resorted to making an install page suggesting users use snap install --edge --devmode nsm. See the new nsm install page. Is there a way to get the install pages here to have the install command snap install --edge --devmode nsm?

Also nsm seems to have disappeared from the snap store feature? Does anyone know what might have caused that?

did you try adding the network and network-bind plugs to your app entry in snapcraft.yaml ?

@ogra that fixed my problem perfectly. A big thankyou to everyone who has helped me get my first program published in an app store for the first time! If you make websites please do check out nifty site manager.

The last thing I need to work out is how to have nsm be available on stable when publishing from GitHub?

Also how do you get a verified account?

Congratulations :tada:

To release it on stable you can use snapcraft release nsm $REVISION stable where revision number is the revision the store assigned your snap. See snapcraft list-revisions nsm for the revisions available to release. There’s a doc page here for this process: Releasing your app

Alternatively, you can go to snapcraft.io/nsm/releases and use the GUI there to do the release. See Release management and Using the Snap Store for some examples of how to use the snap store management pages

I suspect I need classic confinement. When I release nsm to stable and install nsm using snap install nsm I can no longer create/modify/delete (hidden) files, configure/use git etc… Should I put an application in for classic confinement?

Edit: Nevermind, it seems to be working from stable now. Thanks again everyone for your help, it’s really appreciated!

3 Likes