Using chromium-ffmpeg in third-party browser snaps

Updated the documentation as there is a new major version of chromium (74) with its corresponding FFMpeg revision (94142).

Updated the documentation as there is a new major version of chromium (77) with its corresponding FFMpeg revision (95241).

1 Like

@oSoMoN is some user action needed after installing both chromium and chromium-ffmpeg or does it work automatically?

The chromium snap doesn’t need chromium-ffmpeg, it already contains the codecs.

1 Like

Updated the documentation as there is a new major version of chromium (84) with its corresponding FFMpeg revision (98516).

1 Like

@oSoMoN will you be posting new versions of chromium-ffmpeg soon?

Yes, I’m working on updates, sorry for the delay.

Updated the documentation for a new major version of chromium (93) with its corresponding FFMpeg revision (103551).

1 Like

Updated the documentation for a new major version of chromium (94, currently in the beta channel) with its corresponding FFMpeg revision (104195).

Updated the documentation for a new major version of chromium (96) with its corresponding FFMpeg revision (104707).

1 Like

Hi, what would be the revision for chromium 98?

Updated the documentation for a new major version of chromium (100) with its corresponding FFMpeg revision (106454).

I see that the latest Opera Developer (89.0.4415.0) needs libffmpeg 107578 (the version of libffmpeg found in in Chromium 102 and 103). Could we get the chromium-ffmpeg snap updated to include 107578, so that proprietary media works here as well?

1 Like

Updated the documentation for a new major version of chromium (103) with its corresponding FFMpeg revision (107578).

1 Like

Hi oSoMoN, I just refreshed my snaps and it states that there’s no updates available but when I checked on what files were installed I found that the revision 107578 is not there. The latest one is still chromium-ffmpeg-106454. May I ask for you to upload 107578 again, please? Thanks in advance! Cheers

What revision of the chromium-ffmpeg snap is installed?

What’s the output of snap connections chromium-ffmpeg ?

Hi oSoMoN,

Thanks for your reply. I just noticed that 107578 is in a different folder (“28” instead of “26”) this time, that’s why I couldn’t find it! The thing is that I use the Opera browser and that isn’t a snap, so I can’t rely on connections and I have to link the actual libffmpeg.so file for the right version.

Thanks again for your help and for maintaining this snap! Cheers.

I think the OP table should be:

• FFMpeg 107578 : chromium 102

Both 102 and 103 use FFMpeg 107578

Updated the documentation for a new major version of chromium (105) with its corresponding FFMpeg revision (108372).

2 Likes