Uploads failing "could not mksquashfs 'squashfs-root': Parallel mksquashfs""

I’ve got a bunch of snap uploads failing with:

"could not mksquashfs 'squashfs-root': Parallel mksquashfs: Using 4 processors\nCreating 4.0 filesystem on /tmp/review-tools-me4xa688/repack.snap, block size 131072.\n\r[===\\ ] 700/10944 6%" security-snap-v2_squashfs_resquash 

There’s no change to the snaps that should change this. Is this an infrastructure failure?

https://dashboard.snapcraft.io/snaps/egmde

https://dashboard.snapcraft.io/snaps/mir-test-tools

[edit]

https://dashboard.snapcraft.io/snaps/mir-kiosk-x11/

3 Likes

me too. This just hit openttd. It looks like there’s a server issue to me.

This is the error I received:

"could not mksquashfs 'squashfs-root': " security-snap-v2_squashfs_resquash

Oh, I’ve got one of those too. :slight_smile:

And to confirm our thinking, re-uploading a snap that worked yesterday also fails.

Hi,

Sorry, don’t mean to steal your thread @xet7 - but thought I’ll ask her before I’m continuing with my own thread.

Is there work on this at this moment? I’m also struggling to get snaps to pass review stage. Earlier today it failed with the same error as in TS, but now with various errors.

Extracting the package failed: { "runtime-errors": { "error": { "msg": { "manual_review": true, "text": "unsquashfs -lln '/tmp/tmpmmpn743s/package.snap' failed: Read on filesystem failed because EOF\nread_id_table: failed to read id index table\nFile system corruption detected\nFATAL ERROR:failed to read file system tables\n" } }, "info": {}, "warn": {} } } Is a valid package
"could not mksquashfs 'squashfs-root': Parallel mksquashfs: Using 4 processors\nCreating 4.0 filesystem on /tmp/review-tools-nc7sk58w/repack.snap, block size 131072.\n\r[/ ] 600/53127 1%" security-snap-v2_squashfs_resquash
"could not mksquashfs 'squashfs-root': " security-snap-v2_squashfs_resquash
Could not find snap.yaml. msg

There’s two snaps that I’ve tried to push updates to today:

• home-assistant-snap
  • zwavejs2mqtt

However these have been updated and approved in automatic reviews after 2021-07-05. This started from today, that I’m aware of, since I pushed an update to zwavejs2mqtt yesterday.

I’ve tried to re-build (remote) several times, and once one of the revisions for one architecture got approved.

Screenshot from 2021-07-22 17-01-52

^ Revision #157 is from yesterday. #158 - 165 is from today.

Just wanted to ask. Thanks!

Apologies for the inconvenience/trouble. We’re looking into this, it appears to be a couple of unhealthy snap review servers. I’ll update once this is fixed.

• Daniel
2 Likes

This situation should be rectified. Feel free to reupload your snaps if possible; remember a new build with some changes is needed, the same binary can’t be uploaded more than once.

If it’s undesirable to rebuild, please request a manual review of the revisions you want to have re-analyzed and let me know here, so I can retrigger the review process, which should succeed now.

• Daniel
2 Likes

Seems to be working great. Thanks @roadmr! :slight_smile: