Unable to publish on snap store

Hey guys, My snap compiles without error while uploading the snap I get the following error:

Issues while processing snap:g                                                              
- package contains external symlinks: usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/lib/security/blacklisted.certs -> /etc/java-11-openjdk/security/blacklisted.certs, usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/lib/security/cacerts -> /etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts        
Full execution log: '/home/what/.cache/snapcraft/log/snapcraft-20220826-223551.059121.log'

so I removed the following files in the priming step :

override-prime: |
      snapcraftctl prime
      rm -vf usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/lib/security/blacklisted.certs
      rm -vf usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/lib/security/cacerts

is there and alternative method to resolve this issue ? my snapcraft.yaml

Hi,

If I look around to other Java snapcraft.yaml who use ca-certificates, it looks like they opt to copy them in override-build:

cp /etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts $SNAPCRAFT_PART_INSTALL/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk/lib/security/cacerts
cp /etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts $SNAPCRAFT_PART_INSTALL/etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts`

Removing them would work as well, however, aren’t they needed for your application?

Kind regards,

Brecht

1 Like

Hey @BrechtNr,

adding the following lines from the Jenkins snapcraft.yaml worked

mv $SNAPCRAFT_PART_INSTALL/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-* $SNAPCRAFT_PART_INSTALL/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk
      rm $SNAPCRAFT_PART_INSTALL/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk/lib/security/cacerts
      cp /etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts $SNAPCRAFT_PART_INSTALL/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk/lib/security/cacerts
      cp /etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts $SNAPCRAFT_PART_INSTALL/etc/ssl/certs/java/cacerts

also changed the java home environment to

environment:
      JAVA_HOME: $SNAP/usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk/
      PATH: $JAVA_HOME/bin:$PATH