Ubuntu core image with pre configured login

There is a udev rule on Ubuntu Core systems that fires when removable media is connected to the system. It’ll mount the drive and check for a auto-import.assert file. Any assertions that are trusted (i.e. there is a signature chain leading back to the Snap Store’s root key) will be loaded into the assertion database.

If this includes system-user assertions signed by a key belonging to an developer account that is allowed to create users, then the corresponding user account will be created. If your model definition says system-user-authority: *, you’re saying that any developer account has permission to create users.

So if people other than the device owner will have physical access to the device, you probably don’t want to use system-user-authority: * in your model definition.

1 Like

Thanks, I will add a system user authority for my case. But when creating system users through snapd rest api, I just provide an email address (different from the system user authority account). These are not specifically signed by the system user authority account. Can i still add system users normally through snapd rest api?