Hi,

Could you please transfer the ownership of the following Snaps to Canonical:

• edgex-device-gpio
  • edgex-device-uart
  • edgex-device-bacnet
  • edgex-device-coap
  • edgex-device-rfid-llrp
  • edgex-app-rfid-llrp-inventory

They are currently owned by Canonical employees and I am a collaborator.

Thanks a lot

1 Like

Hi there,

I apologize for this not being properly documented. Canonical-owned snaps should have a reasonable commitment to maintenance (looks OK given they have relatively large collaborator lists), but we also ask that they are stable and have proper metadata so they also present adequately in snapcraft.io, given that they will be associated with Canonical’s name.

To that end, crucially, none of these snaps have stable-channel releases (and some have no builds at all - how do you even know that the packaged software works well as a snap?). I would request that you properly test your snap builds and get them to a point where you’re comfortable doing a stable release for each of them. Once that’s done, let me know and we can transfer to the Canonical account.

Additionally, it’d be great if the descriptions could be tidied up a bit, some of them are very spartan and are not nicely formatted, but I don’t consider that a deal-breaker.

• Daniel

Those are valid points. We are in the process of releasing and updating the descriptions. We’ll come back to you once those are done.

We now have the following snaps ready for the transfer:

We’ve taken your suggestions into consideration. The snaps will be promoted to stable soon, but we would like to have them transferred to Canonical before that happens.

Thanks

Thanks for updating the description.

When do you expect to be able to make stable releases of these snaps?

• Daniel

This will happen when the upstream project adds a stable semver tag to the repos. Next release is scheduled for mid May.

Thanks! I’ve transferred the four requested snaps.

Note/remember that the current owners were automatically set as contributors as well.

• Daniel
2 Likes