Track requests for ldc2 snap

Store URL: https://snapcraft.io/ldc2/

I’d like to request the following new tracks for the ldc2 snap:

These reflect the upstream versions that have been released since the package was last updated, in line with the existing package practice of having 1 track per upstream minor release series.

This is an official snap package published on behalf of the upstream LDC project:

Hello!

I have created these tracks for ldc based on Simplified track request process for snaps with predictable cadence since as a reviewer I’ve verified that the snap has existing tracks and the new requests conform to the previous ones, so I’m able to waive the waiting period and the extra votes needed (you have my reviewer +1 vote).

Cheers,

Daniel

1 Like

Fantastic. Thanks so much! :slight_smile:

I’d like to request 2 more ldc2 tracks in order to handle upcoming upstream releases:

I’m submitting here in order to avoid creating a new topic; let me know if you’d prefer me to do otherwise.

Hello,

1.8 looks reasonable and consistent with earlier requests, I’ll create that in a moment. But I wanted to ask - what’s the deal with 0.17? that looks odd and out of cadence.

Let me know!

• Daniel

It’s a historical release series which is still maintained, and is used for bootstrapping builds of more recent ldc2 versions.

In more detail: the compiler frontend used to be written in C++, but was ported to D itself some while ago. The 0.17 release series is the last release still using the C++ frontend, and that needs to be built in order to bootstrap building the D frontend of 1.x releases.

It should probably have been included in ldc2’s tracks from the beginning, it was an oversight on my part that it never was.

Makes sense, I checked upstream for 0.17 and I think it still fits how we use tracks.Since I’ve verified that the snap has existing tracks and the new requests conform to the previous ones, I can waive the waiting period and the extra votes needed (you have my reviewer +1 vote).

Both 1.8 and 0.17 tracks are now active. Enjoy!

• Daniel

I’d like to request two more tracks for ldc2 in order to handle the latest stable release and its upcoming successor:

Thanks and best wishes,

-- Joe

I’ve verified that the snap has existing tracks and the new requests conform to the previous ones, I can waive the waiting period and the extra votes needed (you have my reviewer +1 vote).

The 1.9 and 1.10 tracks for ldc2 are now available for use. Cheers!,

• Daniel
1 Like

I’d like to request several new track names to manage the latest releases. Note that these reflect a roughly 2-month minor release cycle: the reason for requesting a lot at once is down to me not keeping the package up to date for some time :-\

I’ve verified that the snap has existing tracks and the new requests conform to the previous ones, I can waive the waiting period and the extra votes needed (you have my reviewer +1 vote).

All 4 new tracks for ldc2 are now available for use. Cheers!

• Daniel
1 Like

I’d like to request one new track name please:

This corresponds to the latest upstream release:

Hello, frequent customer,

This track is now ready for use! I did waive the waiting period and the extra votes needed (you have my reviewer +1 vote).

• Daniel
2 Likes

I’d like to request one new track name please:

This corresponds to the latest upstream release:

Hello,

I’ve created this track (my +1 as a voter and thanks to the simplified process I’ve waived the waiting period and need for an extra vote since this is a frequent track customer :slight_smile:)

• Daniel
1 Like

Hello again :slight_smile:

I’d like to request two more tracks for the ldc2 snap:

1.17 1.18

The first is for the latest stable release, the second for the shortly upcoming release (apologies for the two coming in quick succession, it’s because I’m late with the first…).

Hello!

Done, I’ve created 1.17 and 1.18 (here’s my customary +1 as reviewer and used the simplified process).

• Daniel
1 Like

@roadmr thanks so much, as ever :slight_smile:

I’d like to request two more tracks for the ldc2 snap:

Sorry for the double request; as before, I’m afraid this is me being late at keeping up with upstream’s release schedule. :-\

No worries!

These tracks have been created (+1 as reviewer and Simplified track request process for snaps with predictable cadence).

Cheers,

• Daniel
1 Like