Track Guardrail Request for `root-framework`

Hola,

The root-framework snap was previous given tracks in the precedent of “vx-yy”, e.g, v6-28, v6-30, etc. Officially ROOT follows the odd-even scheme of marking stable releases, so all odd numbered minor releases are pre-releases.

I’m not sure you can accurately reflect “division by 2” in Regex, so please correct me if there’s a better way.

Could I please have the regex pattern v[0-9]*-[0-9]* (assuming it’s valid, Regex is not one of my strong points).

Which should hopefully facilitate e.g “v7-00” or “v100-500” (this one might take a while) or “v6-30” as I’d like to actually create now that 6-32 is out :slight_smile:

N.B Whilst the ROOT 6 series has had a long life, ROOT 7 is actually a thing (new components keep bubbling back into V6) and future releases might soon be entirely branded as “7”, which is why I’m avoiding hardcoding “v6” as part of the regex.

Hi,

I think what you want here is this: ^v[0-9]+\-[0-9]+ , as it seems to cover all the cases you mentioned. Let me know if you agree and I can go ahead and add it to the root-framework snap for you.

Thanks,

Odysseus

1 Like

Hi Odysseus,

That looks good to me if it looks good for you :), could you please set it up the snap?

James

Hi,

This is now done.

Thanks,

Odysseus

1 Like