Tizonia: 'execstack' issue keeps being flagged in armhf containers

Hi!

My Tizonia snap (https://github.com/tizonia/tizonia-snap) keeps being flagged in armhf store builds.

Found files with executable stack. 
 Affected files: usr/lib/libspotify.so.12.1.103

I’ve been trying to get rid of this for a few days now, trying multiple combinations of the execstack command.

Initially, I thought the problem was that I was not providing the correct path to the offending library in the execstack command.

So I updated the ‘prepare’ scriptlet in the yaml file to contain this:

find / ! -readable -prune -o -type f -name "libspotify.so.*" -exec execstack --clear-execstack {} \; || true

From the logs, I can see that my brute force approach is definitely touching the offending file.

find: ‘/proc/12775/task/12775/fd/6’: No such file or directory
find: ‘/proc/12775/task/12775/fdinfo/6’: No such file or directory
find: ‘/proc/12775/fd/5’: No such file or directory
find: ‘/proc/12775/fdinfo/5’: No such file or directory
find: ‘/dev/.lxc/proc/12775/task/12775/fd/6’: No such file or directory
find: ‘/dev/.lxc/proc/12775/task/12775/fdinfo/6’: No such file or directory
find: ‘/dev/.lxc/proc/12775/fd/5’: No such file or directory
find: ‘/dev/.lxc/proc/12775/fdinfo/5’: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/libspotify.so.12.1.103

But still, no luck. The automated process keeps flagging this.

There’s obviously something I’m not seeing here. Any idea of what that might be?

I’ve also heard that snapcraft will automatically do this for us. Is that PR going to be released soon?

Thanks!

no it is not touching the offending file since that would be inside the snap dir not in / … you are removing the execstack bits from libspotify.so.12.1.103 of your build host, not from the one that is to be included in your snap (note the leading slash in the last quote and the missing leading slash in the first quote) …

try changing:

find / ! -readable ...

to:

find . ! -readable ...

@ogra: Thanks for your time.

The problem was actually much more silly than that. The original find command was sufficient to fix this issue. Unfortunately, I was adding it to a ‘prepare’ scriptlet of another part!. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like