The snap only-the-essentials requires classic

I am requesting classic confinement for my snap, only-the-essentials, due to its need for broader system access. The snap is designed to manage and install packages across multiple package managers, including APT and Flatpak, via Snap. This functionality is essential for its intended use.

The snap is not intended to cause system instability or install unnecessary bloatware. It strictly focuses on package management and does not include any harmful components. Classic confinement is necessary for it to function correctly and provide the required package management capabilities and installing apts/snaps

Thank you for considering this request. I am happy to provide additional information if needed.

Best regards, Ilian Tsonev

1 Like

Hello memelian4! In order to grant classic confinement to your snap, you need to tell us which supported category your snap fits in. The list of categories is here: Process for reviewing classic confinement snaps. Thanks!

@memelian4 - ping, can you please provide the requested information?

Hello. I do not need classic confinement anymore. I already have published a newer version which does not require classic confinement.

Perfect, I’ll remove this request from the review queue

Thanks