Status of snap proxy store

The status of proxy store shows pending as below. I also set up one UC20 host to connect to this proxy store, but the number of Connected Devices shows 0. What do these 2 columns mean? Thanks :slight_smile:

Connected Devices (updated daily): 0
Device Limit: None
Internal Service Status:
  memcached: running
  nginx: running
  snapauth: running
  snapdevicegw: running
  snapdevicegw-local: running
  snapproxy: running
  snaprevs: running```

I can help the proxy registration approved. When did you register your proxy? Is the user account you logged in to register with under your name or someone else’s?

If you haven’t registered your proxy, you have to (“Initial registration”).

• Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the prompt reply :slight_smile: I did register the testing proxy. Do I need to reach out to Canonical support to enable a proxy? Is there a self-service portal like snap management?

Thanks, Hao

This morning the number of Connected Devices is 1. A bit curious how this value is counted. It seems it is not in real time. When the UC20 host started yesterday, the number is 0. As indicated, will the number change every 24 hours? Per proxy document, the max number is set to 5. Should I request an increase from support?

Connected Devices (updated daily): 1
Device Limit: None
Internal Service Status:
  memcached: running
  nginx: running
  snapauth: running
  snapdevicegw: running
  snapdevicegw-local: running
  snapproxy: running
  snaprevs: running

my guess would be it only changes once the first refresh query is issued by a device …

Tried snap refresh (no package refreshed) and snap refresh --list yesterday, but didn’t see the number changed.

1 Like

Hi there! You still didn’t tell me the name your proxy is registered under. (You can send me a direct message via the forum if you’d rather not share this in public - if you do so, the email address of your account would also be useful).

Not really - we get a daily notification of pending proxy requests and we review them promptly. If it’s been more than 2 days or so, feel free to poke us - sometimes things fall through the cracks.

• Daniel

Sorry, I missed the question, will send thru in a bit.

Oh, I see. Thanks for the details. I recreated the proxy with the same name lol. If I remember it correct, the first time it shows running.

Hi @roadmr, got a quick question about changing domain name of snap store proxy. Should I submit a request to change the domain name here or I can change it locally? Thanks :slight_smile:

no worries, need to reconfigure the domain name lol