Spotify snap on openSUSE works until logout

Hi

I’m trying to install spotify on openSUSE 42.3, I installed snap from https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home%3Ahurricanehernandez%3Abranches%3Asystem%3Asnappy/snapd .

snap --version gives:

snap      2.29.4-16.2
snapd     2.29.4-16.2
series    16
opensuse  42.3
kernel    4.4.103-36-default

snap list gives:

Name                    Version                  Rev   Developer     Notes      
core                    16-2.30                  3748  canonical     core       
spotify                 1.0.70.399.g5ffabd56-26  5     spotify       -                                                                             

After installing Spotify, I can play songs and everything works as expected, however when I logout from GNOME or reboot my machine, I can’t play songs. I get the blue error message “This song is not available. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.”

I tried logging in and out from Spotify, removing the ~/snap/spotify directory.

If I run the installed spotify version manually using /snap/spotify/current/usr/share/spotify/spotify everything works (but then my normal configuration in ~/.xx/spotify is used).

Does someone have an idea how to solve this?

Thanks!

@zyga-snapd I note there’s no-one with an openSUSE integration badge but I suppose you’re the closest to that… any ideas?

Also I note that this snapcraft.io page gives a more outdated openSUSE snapd repo, should this be updated? Is the newer snapd distributed by someone trusted by the snappy team?

I will be updating snapd this week and I will check spotify out.

2 Likes

Spotify is now working correctly with snaps on openSUSE since a few months.