Spotify: cannot create tmpfs target

When I try to run spotify I get the following error:

cannot create tmpfs target /tmp/snap.rootfs_ph8BIZ/var/lib/snapd/lib/vulkan: No such file or directory

searching for this message online the only reference I get is a errormessage inside a code file in snap github:

I’m running Fedora 27 on a notebook with a NVIDIA GTX1060 (driver version 390.25). This error started today out of nowhere, until yesterday everything was fine.

@Conan_Kudo is that a missing /var/lib/snapd/lib/vulkan? I’m quite sure I’m missing it on Arch too.

I ran a find inside /var/liv/snapd and found him on /var/lib/snapd/snap/core/3887/var/lib/snapd/lib/vulkan

Can you sudo mkdir /var/lib/snapd/lib/vulkan on the host?

1 Like

It worked! Thanks!
just needed to create the folder

Cool. I’m sure that @Conan_Kudo will update the package and this will not be needed anymore.

1 Like

@mborzecki - curious if this is just a packaging issue or if it isn’t also a reexec issue. In other words, on distros where reexec is enabled, did the new core snap introduce the regression in spotify? Or put another way, with reexec, is snapd creating the directory automatically, and if it is, why isn’t it doing it when reexec is not enabled?

I think @jdstrand is spot on. If you have an nvidia GPU and get snapd via reexec (or get a broken package) then this will bite people. I will check if we can fix this in rc3 quickly.