Some snap apps no longer starting up on amd laptop

I hope this is the right place to post this but some apps are having issues booting up and having the same error, below a few examples

supertuxkart

si_init_perfcounters: max_sh_per_se = 2 not supported (inaccurate performance counters)
X Error:  BadAlloc
  Request Major code 146 ()
  Request Minor code 2
  Error Serial #100
  Current Serial #101

scummvm

si_init_perfcounters: max_sh_per_se = 2 not supported (inaccurate performance counters)
  Request Minor code 2
  Error Serial #100
  Current Serial #101

xonotic

Request Minor code 2
  Error Serial #164
  Current Serial #165

apps that are not graphic intensive like discord rocketchat or dbeaver have no issues which are apps that i use consistently.

i am running ubuntu 21.04 in a T14 thinkpad (amd cpu and gpu with the open source drivers)

in the past i was able to run supertuxkart so im unsure if something changed but would be happy to provide any logs =)

Can confirm that SuperTuxKart won’t open, there something with the new AMD laptop CPU and snaps with kernel 5.11+

I also have a Thinkpad t14s and others snaps are give me problems.

…:: Antarctica Rendering Engine 2.0 ::…
/usr/share/libdrm/amdgpu.ids: No such file or directory
X Error: BadAlloc
Request Minor code 2
Error Serial #100
Current Serial #101

just got myself a gaming laptop, it’s a Dell G5 that has an ryzen 7 4800H with a discrete RX 5600M

Tested the same snaps and give the same issue on a new image of 21.10 x64

i wonder if its an issue with the current open driver being used on 21.04

https://linuxconfig.org/amd-radeon-ubuntu-20-04-driver-installation

Found this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linuxhardware/comments/itr6fu/probably_gpu_troubles/

I got a new machine, it has an AMD Ryzen 5 5500u (no discrete graphics)

I installed 20.04.3 LTS to test if maybe there is no issues with LTS and it has the same issues. as above.

the problem appear with the change to the new kernel from 5.8 to 5.11 in 20.04.3 in the others snap apps that I got the problem of snaps no starting in AMD hardware was because old libraries.

removing libgtk2.0-0 and update to Core20 in the snaps fix the problem. I don’t know if this helps in the case of this games.

Hope ring some bells for someone able to help!