Snaps don't open on Debian 11

Hi, snaps don’t open after upgrading from Debian 10 to 11. Commands like, sudo snap refresh && snap list are working fine on my computer. But running, snap run <appname> throws me an error: WARNING: cgroup v2 is not fully supported yet, proceeding with partial confinement cannot change profile for the next exec call: No such file or directory snap-update-ns failed with code 1.

snap --version

snap    2.52.1
snapd   2.52.1
series  16
debian  11
kernel  5.10.0-9-amd64

I’m hopeless at this time. I tried clearing font cache, reinstalled snapd, removed and installed again. I even reinstalled all the snaps. What could be wrong with my system? Or am I doing something wrong? :pensive: :disappointed_relieved:

are snapd.apparmor.service and apparmor.service running ?

1 Like

You might also try refreshing to the beta channel of snapd which will have the necessary fix to support cgroupsv2. Try snap install snapd --beta or if that says snapd is already installed snap refresh snapd --beta.

1 Like

See my posts on another thread:
This might be of help

Some snaps will only launch the first time

Some snaps will only launch the first time

1 Like

How do I see the status of those services you mentioned?

I’ll try updating to beta when I’m on my Debian computer. Thanks! Hope this’ll fix the issues.

Will do if updating to snap beta wouldn’t work

you check them with:

systemctl status apparmor.service

and

systemctl status snapd.apparmor.service
1 Like

Well, thanks for the response. Here are the results. AppArmor inactive.

myself@debian:~$ systemctl status apparmor.service

apparmor.service - Load AppArmor profiles
         Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/apparmor.service; disabled; vendor preset: enabled)
         Active: inactive (dead)
           Docs: man:apparmor(7)
                 https://gitlab.com/apparmor/apparmor/wikis/home/

and

myself@debian:~$ systemctl status snapd.apparmor.service
Unit snapd.apparmor.service could not be found.

Tried to reinstall apparmor and got the following:

myself@debian:~$ sudo apt install --reinstall apparmor
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading state information... Done
The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
  apper apper-data cdparanoia cdrdao cups-pk-helper dvd+rw-tools espeak-ng-data fonts-symbola gir1.2-atspi-2.0 gir1.2-secret-1 growisofs
  hyphen-en-us k3b k3b-data k3b-i18n kdeaccessibility kmag kmousetool kmouth kontrast libatk-adaptor libbrlapi0.8 libdotconf0 libespeak-ng1
  libiso9660-11 libk3b7 libk3b7-extracodecs libkf5cddb5 libmusicbrainz5cc2v5 libneon27-gnutls libpcaudio0 libperl4-corelibs-perl
  libqaccessibilityclient-qt5-0 libsonic0 libvcdinfo0 mythes-en-us orca perl-tk print-manager python3-brlapi python3-cups
  python3-cupshelpers python3-louis python3-pyatspi python3-smbc python3-speechd sound-icons speech-dispatcher
  speech-dispatcher-audio-plugins speech-dispatcher-espeak-ng system-config-printer-common system-config-printer-udev task-desktop vcdimager
  x11-apps x11-session-utils xbrlapi xinit xkbset xorg
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 reinstalled, 0 to remove and 98 not upgraded.
Need to get 640 kB of archives.
After this operation, 0 B of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye/main amd64 apparmor amd64 2.13.6-10 [640 kB]
Fetched 640 kB in 1s (786 kB/s)  
Preconfiguring packages ...
(Reading database ... 279852 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack .../apparmor_2.13.6-10_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking apparmor (2.13.6-10) over (2.13.6-10) ...
Setting up apparmor (2.13.6-10) ...
Reloading AppArmor profiles 
Warning from /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles (/var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.migrate line 571): Unconfined exec qualifier (ux) allows some dangerous environment variables to be passed to the unconfined process; 'man 5 apparmor.d' for details.
Warning from /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles (/var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.buginfo line 571): Unconfined exec qualifier (ux) allows some dangerous environment variables to be passed to the unconfined process; 'man 5 apparmor.d' for details.
Warning from /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles (/var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.activate line 571): Unconfined exec qualifier (ux) allows some dangerous environment variables to be passed to the unconfined process; 'man 5 apparmor.d' for details.
Warning from /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles (/var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.lxd line 571): Unconfined exec qualifier (ux) allows some dangerous environment variables to be passed to the unconfined process; 'man 5 apparmor.d' for details.
Warning from /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles (/var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.lxc-to-lxd line 571): Unconfined exec qualifier (ux) allows some dangerous environment variables to be passed to the unconfined process; 'man 5 apparmor.d' for details.
Warning from /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles (/var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.daemon line 620): Unconfined exec qualifier (ux) allows some dangerous environment variables to be passed to the unconfined process; 'man 5 apparmor.d' for details.
Warning from /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles (/var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.lxc line 571): Unconfined exec qualifier (ux) allows some dangerous environment variables to be passed to the unconfined process; 'man 5 apparmor.d' for details.
Warning from /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles (/var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.check-kernel line 571): Unconfined exec qualifier (ux) allows some dangerous environment variables to be passed to the unconfined process; 'man 5 apparmor.d' for details.
Warning from /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles (/var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.benchmark line 571): Unconfined exec qualifier (ux) allows some dangerous environment variables to be passed to the unconfined process; 'man 5 apparmor.d' for details.
Warning from /var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles (/var/lib/snapd/apparmor/profiles/snap.lxd.hook.remove line 571): Unconfined exec qualifier (ux) allows some dangerous environment variables to be passed to the unconfined process; 'man 5 apparmor.d' for details.
Processing triggers for man-db (2.9.4-2) ...