Snapcrafters snaps call for testing

• :white_check_mark: dosbox-x is starting successfully.
  • :white_check_mark: sdlpop is starting successfully and is playable (tho I don’t know the right keys to be successful :wink: ).
  • :white_check_mark: duckmarines is starting successfully and is playable (for values of playable that don’t require any skill on my part :smiley: ).
  • :white_check_mark: opentyrian is starting successfully and is playable.
  • :x: wordpress-desktop starts, but suffers from browser-related shared memory issues cauasing all windows to be blank:
    [89789:0527/152812.677085:FATAL:platform_shared_memory_region_posix.cc(255)] This is frequently caused by incorrect permissions on /dev/shm.  Try 'sudo chmod 1777 /dev/shm' to fix.

I’ll see whether this only affects pre-20.04 releases. Do you have an 18.04 system available?

The shared memory issues with wordpress-desktop came up in the past, I’ll also bring it up in the Snapcraft Clinic tomorrow.

@Igor

This issue should be fixed by merging https://github.com/snapcrafters/nano/pull/28 .

Ubuntu 21.04:

• :white_check_mark: duckmarines works though I have no idea how to play the game
  • :white_check_mark: atom launches and can open files
  • :x: eclipse starts but has a weird window size issue; it’s too small and I can’t resize the window. Edit: for some reason, the second time I open eclipse, the window size issue is gone.

Screenshot from 2021-06-01 15-12-33

Can you try the new build (edge) please?

@galgalesh eclipse does not start for me at all (complains about JAVA not being in the path).
Does anyone else see any one of these two issues? BTW, I also see this with the current stable release.

@tunix Can you also test gradle by any chance?

everyone, for those who expressed interest in being part of the Snapcrafters Core team, please check your email for invitations to this week’s first virtual meeting.

Also, I tested:

nano, works fine with Lin’s PR.
spelunky, runs and works fine.

1 Like

gradle has an open issue (created in GH) which I’m trying to solve. Once that’s solved, I’ll do the testing bit. Java projects that I work on has plugins which have issues with gradle 7.x – so i need time or other testers to look at current status.

1 Like

I asked the original reporter on GH for a command example that triggers the certificate problem.

2 Likes