Snapcraft snap store no find snaps

After installing Snap I searched for snaps with the command snap find snapname. But no snaps from the store are displayed. I would like to install simplenote and tusk. These are not displayed.

What version of snapd are you using, on what OS? (please paste the output of snap version)

Note that on Ubuntu 18.04 with 2.32.8+18.04, snap find works just fine here.

snap 2.32.8
snapd 2.32.8
series 16
ubuntu 16.04
kernel 4.4.0-126 generic

I have the very same setup here on an amd64 install and the snaps are found just fine. Are you behind a proxy server ? (or are you on a 32bit i386 installation ? perhaps these snaps have not been built for this architecture)

1 Like

Yes, I have a 32bit i386 installation and only a part of the existing snaps in the store is shown to me.

Well, the store only shows available snaps for your architecture, if you actually have i386 it is very likely that the maintainers of these snaps simply did not bother to build for i386

You will see all of the snaps that have been published for 32bit i386.

The majority of snaps are published for 64bit and if you’ve seen the discussions and announcements, you’ll appreciate that many Linux distributions are no longer building and supporting i386, likewise software projects.

While it’s true some are moving away from 32-bit x86, we do still have people on 14.04, 16.04 and 18.04 using that architecture. So @hzgt56mn1 do you have specific applications you’re interested in seeing 32-bit builds for? We can certainly mention this to the upstream developers where we have relationships with them.

I use Xubuntu 16.04 on a small SAMSUNG Notebbook NC-10 that I used to run Windows XP many years ago. On this small device with a good screen, only the 32-bit version of xubuntu can be installed. I would love to use Tusk and Simplenote.

snap 2.32.8

snapd 2.32.8

series 16

ubuntu 16.04

kernel 4.4.0-126 generic