Snapcraft fails using LXD on NVIDIA Jetson TX2

I have been finally able to run snapcraft on lxd in the Jetson. There were some android patches around that caused the problem. The commits that need to be reverted can be seen here:

https://github.com/alfonsosanchezbeato/jetson-kernel-snap/commit/537b5efd81edb3a3672bc5983e893c5ee62da24a

I really have no idea why nvidia chose the android kernel path, but this is not the first time I see these problems with the android patches :frowning_face:. Maybe the sane thing to do would be to remove all the “ANDROID:” commits…

3 Likes

Awesome news and thanks for digging through it! I’ll be giving this a closer look tomorrow morning for sure.

FTR, removing a couple of additional android patches fixes the networking problems on unprivileged containers. However, you cannot install snaps in these unprivileged containers yet - some fuse patches from the Ubuntu kernel are missing, I think. So, still, you will have to use privileged containers to run snapcraft.

Thanks @abeato. I’ve been working on this today – had some difficulties with lxd init failing to setup the lxdbr0 interface after applying your last several patches. Right now I’m working on building a full L4T 32.1.0 kernel right now with all the patches from your jetson-kernel-snap repository.

Attempted to flash my devkit with L4T 32.1.0 with a custom kernel (applied the patches from @abeato’s project) in an attempt to get LXD/snapcraft working reliably. Unfortunately the kernel fails to boot and I haven’t dug deeper.

I really appreciate all the help to get this working, but at this point it feels like I’m past the point of diminishing returns. I’ll have to continue working between two devices, one running Ubuntu Core and the other running Linux for Tegra.

getting the same error for nvidia jetson Xavier NX.
I see that kernels , gadget , ubuntu core are not built for NVIDIA NX.
Do you know how to overcome this problem?
more info