Snapcraft 2.43 from apt Error while processing

When you try to push, the following problem occurs:

Error while processing...
The store was unable to accept this snap.
  - found errors in file output: unable to read or access files in 'squashfs-root/meta' due to mode 'rwx------'

snapcraft, version 2.43.1+18.4

If I use Snapcraft from snap, then everything works correctly, but I cannot use it because of this error.

Maybe there is a way to start snapcraft v3.4.1 without multipass ??

You can try --destructive-mode, which runs the snap build directly on the host (should be on the same Ubuntu base system the snap is targeting).

1 Like

I’d recommend using snapcraft --use-lxd which allows you to get the same isolation you get from multipass, but using a lightweight container.

2 Likes

i try flag --destructive-mode
but get next output :

Priming app 
2019/05/18 16:18:44.874974 container.go:204: in snap "app": "meta" should be world-readable and executable, and isn't: drwx------
2019/05/18 16:18:44.875251 container.go:204: in snap "app": "meta/gui" should be world-readable and executable, and isn't: drwx------
2019/05/18 16:18:44.875299 container.go:228: in snap "app": "meta/snap.yaml" should be world-readable, and isn't: -rw-------
error: snap is unusable due to bad permissions
Failed to verify directory to pack.

my snap folder have snapcraft.yaml file only.

I feel it’s version issue. use update version.

1 Like

Are you running snapcraft as root or something?

@popey i run snapcraft without root rights
@westernira no, i try run it in 3.5 and 3.4.1 versions, but I still have the same problem

about lxd
lxd also not started like multipass
log :

andrei@quasarapp:~/worker/build$ sudo snapcraft --use-lxd
Using 'snap/snapcraft.yaml': Project assets will be searched for from the 'snap' directory.
Support for 'LXD' needs to be set up. Would you like to do that it now? [y/N]: y
snapd is not logged in, snap install commands will use sudo
lxd 3.13 from Canonicalâś“ installed
Error: Failed to create network 'lxdbr0': Failed to run: dnsmasq --strict-order --bind-interfaces --pid-file=/var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/networks/lxdbr0/dnsmasq.pid --except-interface=lo --interface=lxdbr0 --quiet-dhcp --quiet-dhcp6 --quiet-ra --listen-address=10.248.168.1 --dhcp-no-override --dhcp-authoritative --dhcp-leasefile=/var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/networks/lxdbr0/dnsmasq.leases --dhcp-hostsfile=/var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/networks/lxdbr0/dnsmasq.hosts --dhcp-range 10.248.168.2,10.248.168.254,1h --listen-address=fd42:32da:4f28:7d6b::1 --enable-ra --dhcp-range ::,constructor:lxdbr0,ra-stateless,ra-names -s lxd -S /lxd/ --conf-file=/var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/networks/lxdbr0/dnsmasq.raw -u lxd: dnsmasq: failed to create listening socket for 10.248.168.1: Address already in use
Failed to initialize LXD. Try manually initializing before trying again: lxd init --auto.
andrei@quasarapp:~/worker/build$ lxd init --auto 
Error: Failed to create network 'lxdbr0': Failed to run: dnsmasq --strict-order --bind-interfaces --pid-file=/var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/networks/lxdbr0/dnsmasq.pid --except-interface=lo --interface=lxdbr0 --quiet-dhcp --quiet-dhcp6 --quiet-ra --listen-address=10.27.87.1 --dhcp-no-override --dhcp-authoritative --dhcp-leasefile=/var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/networks/lxdbr0/dnsmasq.leases --dhcp-hostsfile=/var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/networks/lxdbr0/dnsmasq.hosts --dhcp-range 10.27.87.2,10.27.87.254,1h --listen-address=fd42:d0ec:d972:cfc6::1 --enable-ra --dhcp-range ::,constructor:lxdbr0,ra-stateless,ra-names -s lxd -S /lxd/ --conf-file=/var/snap/lxd/common/lxd/networks/lxdbr0/dnsmasq.raw -u lxd: dnsmasq: failed to create listening socket for 10.27.87.1: Address already in use

its work !!!
I did not immediately put the right execution rights.
@Lin-Buo-Ren @popey @westernira Thanks for your help )