Snap wishlist - suggestions wanted!

Yorg https://www.ya2.it/pages/yorg.html#yorg

Yorg (Yorg’s an Open Racing Game) is a free open source racing game developed by Ya2 using Panda3D for Windows, OSX and Linux.

Here you go:

name: hexyl

base: core18 

version: '0.4.0'

summary: A command-line hex viewer

description: |

hexyl is a simple hex viewer for the terminal. It uses a colored output to distinguish different categories of bytes (NULL bytes, printable ASCII characters, ASCII whitespace characters, other ASCII characters and non-ASCII).

license: Apache-2.0

grade: stable
confinement: strict

apps:
  hexyl:
    command: bin/hexyl

parts:
  hexyl:
    plugin: rust
    source: https://github.com/sharkdp/hexyl.git

build-packages:
      - rustc

Is there a way to grant read-only access to all the files on the system?

There is the personal-files and system-files interface. There is also the obvious home interface.

This reminds me, there was the idea to allow snap command, invoked with a file name, would allow the snap launcher to rewrite the path with one that is exposed inside the sandbox. As a simple ad-hoc example:

Assuming that vim is a snap: vim /custom/file.txt might be translated to vim /run/snapd/exported/custom/file.txt, we could use the document portal for this, for example. This might solve the limited use-case of opening a file by path (and not being interested in seeing the whole directory tree)

Great work! Do you mind I steal and then publish a snap out of it? That’s on my list for a while but I haven’t got the time to do it.

Screenshot_20190413_212838

Don’t mind at all. It would be cool to see it in the snap store!

The snap probably needs classic confinement.

Hi all,

I’ve published Anki snap as unofficial version which was authorized by maintainer.

Now Anki snap can be installed by
snap install anki-woodrow --edge

Thanks all who support me.

[1] https://snapcraft.io/anki-woodrow

A snap from SuiteCRM would be great

gstreamer content snap :slight_smile:

I discover these are the software I more frequently use in my daily life that are not yet snapped

Also in the past, when it was compatible with ubuntu libraries, I usually used

but I already mentioned it :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s impressive to see how many apps I use in my daily life that were already snapped! great work guys! :muscle::+1:

Lutris
Pretty sure there was a Snap for it, but it’s no longer there

need a good color picker app in snap store.
yesterday i was in need of color picker app in ubuntu 19.04 i opened software app and found nothing reliable.
gcolor2 is missing in repo of 19.04, and gcolor3 is also not present there. while if you see flathub there is gcolor3 flatpak present. please snap gcolor3

MariaDB, Filezilla…

in my humble opinion, these software could appear in the Snap Store and thus attract more people to use “domestic” for Linux. And who knows attract other companies as well.

- Google Chrome;
- Telegram (correct the accent part);
- Lutris;
- Gimp (with developer support);
- FreeOffice (SoftMaker);
- App of WhatsApp (not based on web version);
- OBS Studio (with developer support);
- Steam (with developer support);
- Audacity (with developer support);
- Kdenlive (with developer support);
- Krita (with developer support);
- App of Google Drive (not based on web version) ;(with developer support);
- App of Netflix (not based on web version) ;(with developer support);

I believe that these would be interesting suggestions to have in the Snap Store and thus attract the domestic audience.

I’m happy to say for many of the applications that list, we have also identified them as important. For some we’re already in contact with the upstream developers. Others we’ve spoken to aren’t ready to support snaps yet. Be assured we’re working on it :slight_smile:

Thanks for the Popey comeback. And if you need some means of dissemination, mainly for Brazil and Portugal, I as one of the main editors of Blog Diolinux, we are available for when it is news and the like. :fist_right: :fist_left:

i’d like to see these things happening in the future during the ubuntu or in any snap part.

I would love to see:

• Whatsapp;
  • Official Pocket Casts;
  • Notion;
  • Official Todoist;
  • 1Password;
  • Stremio;
  • Lutris;

Reaper
LightWorks
Davinci Resolve
Google Chrome