Snap push to store fails (no valid package)

Hello everyone,

I’m currently in the process of pushing my snap to the store (as a private snap). I’ve registered the snap but when I push it I get the following problem:

Pushing cavi_0.1.1_amd64.snap [===========================================] 100%
Processing...|                                                                  
Error while processing...
The store was unable to accept this snap.
 - __all__: The upload does not appear to be a valid package.

If I install the snap locally with the --dangerous flag, everything is fine. If I leave out the flag, I’ll get the following: cannot find signatures with metadata for snap “cavi_0.1.1_amd64.snap”
I’ve signed the snap with sign-build but pushing still leads to the same problem.

Would be great if you could help me over here.
Thanks

I have the same problem…

I’ve seen this a couple of times with Launchpad uploads to edge for a public snap (review-tools). In Launchpad there is a button to retry the upload. I suspect if you try again, it will work.

It sounds like the underlying cause needs to be investigated though. FYI, @noise

I tried it multiple times but still receiving the same problem. I am not using launchpad but doing it from my own machine.
Thanks

I have been able to reproduce this and it appears to related to our problems with download origin servers from yesterday ( Snap Store partial outage: slow uploads/downloads - round 2 ). We are working to further diagnose and fix the problem, sorry for the inconvenience.

I’ll update this post when we have resolved the issue.

Thanks for your reply. We will just wait :wink:

Thanks for looking into this. As an aside, this message is very cryptic from the consuming end. Can it provide a more clear reason for the rejection, so we could have a better hint that this is a problem elsewhere instead of leaving the developer wondering about what’s wrong with the snap? Or at least be more precise, so that we can tell for sure that the logic is broken?

It is working again. Thanks!

1 Like