Snap auto connections web UI

I’m updating KDE snaps and finding the lack of web UI for what auto connections the snaps have to be quite discombobulating.

e.g. currently I have falkon blocked as ManualReviewPending but there doesn’t seem to be a web UI to say why.

I have a new content snap kde-framework-5-qt-5-15-core20 but I don’t know if this will autoconnect or allow other snaps to connect to it.

It would be really useful to have a web UI showing what slots a snap wants to connect to in the snapcraft.yaml and what the store will allow it to.

The falkon snap was blocked due to slotting the dbus session bus name org.kde.falkon.desktop - these require manual approval, and I have just approved this per our usual procedure and it now passes automated review. I believe you should have received an email from the store with some details about this when it got blocked but I am not as involved in that side of things, perhaps @roadmr can help advise.

Regarding content snaps, without a special snap declaration, they will only auto-connect between snaps from the same publisher - if you would like a global auto-connect snap declaration issued, you can request one here - which I see you have done in the past for similar snaps Allow global autoconnect kde-frameworks-5-qt-5-14-core18 so following a similar process this time would seem to make sense.

Again re the store UI, @roadmr may be able to comment on that too?

That explains it, the dbus interface is new.

There’s no information on this that I saw in the e-mail I got send or the dashboard, it just says "Manual review requested. " This would be handy to have it say what the request is for.

Thanks for approving.

If you unfold the “1 Fail” of the automated review, it should give you some details:
Bildschirmfoto vom 2021-03-05 13-30-18

Ah hah, there it is :slight_smile: Would be great if that text was included in the e-mail sent out

2 Likes