Shared Libraries

Just for the record. I really do appreciate everyone’s help. You guys are great.

Snap is building successfully. Thanks all.

I’ve run into a new issue and will keep doing some research to find the answers but as for now, it’s building successfully but when launched, it’s throwing the following error (on Solus):

megatunix 
ERROR! Could NOT locate file Gui/main.glade.
 - Did you forget to run "sudo make install" ?

I am investigating scriplets to find the best method of implementing the make install command.

the autotools plugin automatically runs make install so you do not need to implement it yourself. I am unfamiliar with glade’s resolver but you probably need to pass either a command-line switch or more likely an environment variable which tells glade where to locate the .glade files for your app at runtime (not build time).

and in fact … seeing the very first snapcraft.yaml in this thread it has “sudo make install” inside … i bet @kz6fittycent once ran snapcraft without cleanbuild and this call actually installed megatunix in /usr/local/share … which makes it now run natively all the time on the test machine and not from the snap …

Maybe so. Nevertheless, I’ve completely removed snapcraft from my machine to eliminate any error on my part and focus building solely on the build site. So, there’s NO building happening on this machine.

The NEW odd thing is that I am still getting a shared libraries error on Ubuntu 16.04 (unity) but NOT on Solus, just the aforementioned error ~Did you run sudo make install?

I’ve tried building the snap with and without the make install commands at the bottom and nothing changes…

The snap builds successfully. I realize that I shouldn’t have to run those commands IN the snap, but I can’t understand why I’d get two different errors (one of which already existed on the Ubuntu machine).

I’ll take a look into this, thanks!