Resolve 'package contains external symlinks' error when trying to snap

For me, the target file doesn’t exist - even with the build-packages @kz6fittycent listed above.

It also doesn’t exist on my build machine.

@frossty Thank you for your workaround. I don’t think that this is a good solution in the long run, as it pretty sure undermines a security feature of Java. But as long as the blacklisted.certs isn’t even present in the java-11-openjdk (aka default-jre) package…

Perhaps someone could check, if the current java-11-openjdk version accepts blacklisted certificates :wink:

Anyways, this solution requires no additional build packages (ca-certificates and ca-certificates-java).

1 Like

ah, that would explain why the snapcraft logic does indeed not work if it is a dangling symlink even outside of the snap context :slight_smile:

It works, thanks @frossty

1 Like

There are another file named lib/security/blocked.certs. If this file is renamed from blacklist.certs, this bug makes us suffer :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I think they have renamed the file: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8253866

1 Like

These are the improvements that, make our world a better place:

Description

In the security libraries code and tests, replace archaic/non-inclusive words with more neutral terms.

:joy::joy::joy: