Requesting autoconnect of system-files for gnome-system-monitor

gnome-system-monitor attempts to read from /run/systemd/sessions which is causing syslog spam of the denials. It would be nice to allow autoconnect of system-files to allow this access. Bug reference

run-systemd-sessions:
    interface: system-files
    read:
    - /run/systemd/sessions

I spoke with @kenvandine about this on IRC and currently we do not have an appropriate interface to allow access to /run/systemd/sessions, so this is the best we’ve got atm to limit the massive amount of log spam.

+1 for use of and auto-connect of system-files with the interface reference of run-systemd-sessions.

Note: I’m investigating a login-observe interface that would allow readonly access to this, who and potentially loginctl. With an interface like this, gnome-system-monitor could drop use of system-files.

1 Like

@reviewers - can others vote?

+1 from me too for now until we have something better.

Any status update on this?

FYI, the login-session-observe interface will be available in 2.43.

2 votes for, 0 against for use of and auto-connect of system-files with the interface reference of run-systemd-sessions. This is now live.

Please note that while the snap declaration has been issued and I’ve updated the review-tools to allow use of this interface reference, the store doesn’t have this change in production yet. New revisions will need to be manually approved in the meantime.