- Get our snap package accepted in the store
- Get the docker interface automatically connected (required for bare functionality)
- Use of docker interface that requires manual approval for acceptance in the store (our current understanding of the issue)
- Docker is required for the basic functionality of this application
Reviewer rejection message:
“The docker interface is reserved for snaps that require the ability to control all aspects of docker containers on the system which therefore grants device ownership to the snap. If the access is required, consider using a brand store or create a forum topic at https :// forum .snapcraft .io / using the ‘store-requests’ category if this can be discussed in public or the ‘sensitive’ category if the discussion should remain private. Please feel free to copy and paste this message in the topic. Thanks!” — Jamie Strandboge
Ease.ml platform eases and aids the Machine Learning (ML) model selection and tunning process. This is an open-source project that would highly benefit from snap’s ease of use and multiOS capabilities.
It follows snap’s “strict containment” requirements. The ML models are created as Docker images and containers are spawned during the training and tunning phases. The use of Docker images is an existential requirement for the software as it is necessary for the ML models to be programming language, framework, and libraries agnostic. Moreover, we follow the documented snap interface usage for docker. Update: We removed the docker-support interface.
We strongly believe that our software presents a reasonable and necessary use case for the interface and that it should be allowed in the store. We would appreciate your consideration.
- Sun 22 March 2020 #2 Rejected. Automated review found 3 errors and 0 warnings. Rejected automatically after manual rejection from revision 1.
- Tue 18 Feb. 2020 #2 Updated version by Easeml.
- Tue 18 Feb. 2020 #2 New version uploaded, v 0+git.809ea0c-dirty (2)
Data Science Service and Systems Group