Request for human-review for vivaldi snap release candidate

Hi there,

we’re in the process of preparing the vivaldi browser snap, we have a release candidate that requires two connections that are by default not automatic (and we would kindly request them to be :slight_smile: ), and the release system stops us from going further without a human review.

The two connections are:

• vivaldi:browser-sandbox (interface browser-support)

• this is needed so sandboxing is reported as working inside the browser (chrome://sandbox) - we know snap provides sandboxing by itself, but the all-red sandboxing page when using --no-sandbox does not paint a trustable picture.
  • vivaldi:chromium-ffmpeg-115016 chromium-ffmpeg:chromium-ffmpeg-115016

• this connection is for additional codec support
    • in the future we’d like to upgrade this to newer revisions as this plug is name-versioned to align with the interface needs

Thank you,

Filip (Team Vivaldi)

3 Likes

+1 from me for both of these requests - vivaldi is a well-known browser so the use of browser-support with allow-sandbox is self-explanatory.

+1 also for the auto-connect of the chromium-ffmpeg-115016 content interface from the chromium-ffmpeg snap (given this snap is published by Canonical I wonder if we should just grant global auto-connect for these content interfaces?)

2 Likes

Just wanted to link from here to our request for additional architectures for “chromium-ffmpeg”

Though it is worth noting that @nteodosio has already kindly offered to help us with that:

Would be nice. [20 more characters]

1 Like

+1 from me for auto-connect of browser-support interface and chromium-ffmpeg-115016 content interface to vivaldi snap.

2 Likes

+2 votes for, 0 against. Granting auto-connect of browser-support interface and chromium-ffmpeg-115016 content interface to vivaldi snap. This is now live.

Thanks.

Thank you! [20 Characters]