Request for "docker" interface for DockRay

Hi! :blue_heart:

DockRay is a docker manager build with Flutter and using docker CLI installed with snap. The interface is needed to gather container and images info, besides execute actions like prune and restart.

The current versions still don’t have all of these updates de to a production line, but they are coming !

Text from a nice reviewer that I’ve received:

Rejected by Paulo Flabiano Smorigo. “The docker interface is reserved for snaps that require the ability to control all aspects of docker containers on the system which therefore grants device ownership to the snap. If the access is required, consider using a brand store or create a forum topic at https://forum.snapcraft.io/ using the ‘store-requests’ category. Please feel free to copy and paste this message in the topic. Thanks!” — Paulo Flabiano Smorigo

What else can I contribute to be accepted, friends?

@pfsmorigo, thanks for your review. I’ve created the post as advised.

+1, since It’s reasanable for a docker manager to acces docker daemon through snap

Hi, please note that while community votes are always welcome, final say is with folks in the @reviewers category.

Also, please have patience, sometimes the queue for manual reviews like this can take a few days or a week or two for the hard-working reviewers to work through, but rest assured someone will take a look at this post soon. :slightly_smiling_face:

+1 from me for use of the docker interface since its clearly required by the dockray snap. @Cabrakill are you willing to request auto-connection as well? Since this interface is super privileged, granting auto-connection will require publisher vetting.

1 Like

Thank you for your time, emitorino. I would enjoy that for sure. However, I can stick to how it is for now. May I in the future request for the auto-connection for a better user experience?

1 Like

Can other @reviewers please vote?

+1 from me for use-of, but not auto-connect (at this time) for the docker interface for dockray.

+1 for use, but -1 for auto-connect.

@Cabrakill I would suggest you flesh out the description for your snap, clearly explain what it does, and what kind of privileges it requires. The more transparency you have the easier it is for your users to decide what to do, as well as potentially help in granting additional rights in the future.

1 Like

+3 votes for, 0 votes against. Granting use (but not auto-connect) of docker to dockray. This is now live.

@Cabrakill could you please update your snap description as requested?

Thanks

Thank you, very much everyone for voting and granting its use.

I’ve updated the description to be more specific regardless of docker interface use.

1 Like