Request for classic confinement in xplor-studio

Dear Reviewers,

I am currently working on building xplor-studio into a snap package. However, this process requires the use of classic confinement. Please assist me by reviewing this request.

XploR Studio is a suite of software tools and related platforms used to create, debug, and optimize complex systems utilizing multiple instruction-set (ISA) domains and interconnected heterogeneous IP(s). XploR Studio has a command line interface (CLI) and a graphical user interface (GUI) based on the Eclipse IDE. Developers may want to use the XploR Studio GUI instead of the command line.

The primary reason for our need to use “classic” confinement is that Xplor Studio can open documents online, using XIP to access the network.

I appreciate your time and assistance in this matter.

Hi, according to Process for reviewing classic confinement snaps , Classic requests should fall under at least one of the supported categories. Could you please clarify if xplor-studio fits within any of the supported categories? Thanks.

Hello @0xnishit Appreciate your response. Our xplor-studio fits within the supported categories such as debug tools, IDEs, development, utilities. Please help to approve this request! Thank you!

this snap is valid under the IDE category, Feedback from any other @reviewers is appreciated. Classic confinement requires publishers’ vetting as well. We’ll perform publishers vetting in a meantime

As @0xnishit has stated above, the requirements for classic for xplor-studio are understood. As far as I know, the publisher has not been vetted previously so I will start that process now.

1 Like

Can you please elaborate a little bit more on this functionality? What’s the error you are getting if you keep xplor-studio under strict confinement? Maybe this can be achieved using some of the supported interfaces and then you enjoy the benefits of an stable runtime environment without switching to classic.

@soc.one - ping, can you please provide the requested information?

@soc.one ping, this request cannot proceed without the requested information

@soc.one - since we’ve not heard back from you, we are removing this request from our review queue. When you have more time to respond, simply do so here and we can add the request back to the queue. Thanks