Request for auto connection to plug dot-local-share-applications

I’m using Ubuntu 23.10 and tested the app on it. You too can give it a try, this is probably a bug from portals, and not properly implemented in portals for snaps.

Hello @reviewers any update on this?

@dclane @emitorino kindly look into this. It’s been long since I made the request on 9th December. Kindly look into the request. Just taking a read access to one folder that too being kind of an upstream bug, seems like it’s my fault, that there’s a bug. Kindly look into it. There has been requests that have made a month now and still no progress. A lot of developers lost their hope just due to the delay.

Read access to dot-local-share-applications does not seem like a problem to me, so +1 in this instance.

If you do think this is a bug with portals though, please investigate and report it and don’t just use this interface as a work around.

It’s most probably snap specific. A test be with the xdg-open.

xdg-open ".local"

But, in my case, what I am using is a high level language, and the package I’m using is a platform agnostic file selector, that’s kinda wrapper. So, I really can’t test it properly.

Hi @soumyaDghosh ,

Apologize for the long delay. We have been discussing this request with the @reviewers team and even though this is snap is not the clear owner of the directory, we agreed on allowing this access and have it working properly. Thus, I am +1 on allowing auto-connect of personal-files with read access to dot-local-share-applications.

1 Like

+3 votes for, 0 votes against. Granting the requested auto-connection. This is now live.

@soumyaDghosh , can you please investigate the issue further as suggested by @dclane ?

Thanks!

Surely, I will try to look more about this.