Request for auto connection plug -shutdown

We would like to request the plug auto connection for -shutdown for our snap application. https://snapcraft.io/cluemaster-mediadisplay

Our software is designed for a b2b and runs as a kiosk type application on tv screens, that’s designed to be fully hands-off. We are making our desktop version and a CORE os version for mir-kiosk, depending on the customers’ needs. Our application is fully self-contained and we need to ability to reboot/shutdown the pc the snap runs on, as this function is built into our web software as a remote control command. (turn off when you go home, restart for video playback issues, etc.) We run the dbus command to do the reboot/shutdown, and it works great. Instead of having every business owner manually running the snap connect command, we ask that we please auto allow this so we can make installation and support easier for our customers.

Our website is www.cluemaster.io and you can see details of our TV media display application here.

Thank you for your consideration.

As this snap is quite specific being able to shutdown/restart the device makes sense to me. However, from the current description in the store it is not obvious that this could be used to restart the device - could you please update the description to mention this functionality so it is not a surprise to the user?

+1 from me for auto-connect of shutdown to cluemaster-mediadisplay

Great suggestion! I just added it. I have also added a few animated .gif images of how it looks while it runs.

+1 from me for auto-connect of shutdown to cluemaster-mediadisplay since its clear from the snap description that this functionality is required . +2 votes for, 0 votes against, granting auto-connect for plugging shutdown to cluemaster-mediadisplay. This is now live.