Request for auto-connection for ppa-dev-tools:password-manager-service

This tool uses launchpadlib, which wants to store credentials in the keyring / password-manager-service. Alex Murray advised me to update it to plug desktop and password-manager-service, and then request an auto-connect on the forum.

Simon Chopin added plugs for desktop and password-manager-service recently, which allows users to manually connect via snap connect ppa-dev-tools:password-manager-service, but having this autoconnect would make the experience more seamless for users.

In general we do not grant auto-connect for the password-manager-service interface and instead recommend that publishers use portals via libsecret to store their credentials so they are stored privately per-snap and the snap is not granted access to all the other secrets stored in the users keyring. However, given that launchpadlib is a cli focused library, and portals and generally desktop focused, AND that this is a snap intended to be used by ubuntu developers performing trusted actions AND that the publisher is a Canonical employee then I think the risk posed by auto-connection is mitigated.

As such, +1 from me for auto-connect of password-manager-service for ppa-dev-tools.

+1 from me as well for auto-connect of password-manager-service for ppa-dev-tools given the multiple levels of trust in the above reasoning from alex.

+1 from me as well for auto-connect of password-manager-service for ppa-dev-tools snap as it makes sense according to the reasons given in the previous comments.

Published vetting is done.

3 votes for, 0 against. Fast tracking this request and granting auto-connect of password-manager-service for ppa-dev-tools snap. This is now live.