Request classic confinement for xlnx-config

@pedronis I have created https://github.com/snapcore/snapd/pull/10298 to help with that, but I need the new snaps I am declaring uploaded to the store for the test to pass.

Also, not sure if in this case the (classic snap) content provider will be automatically pulled when installing the consumer.

Thanks for this, did you try some variant of this locally? I suppose you might need help from the security team to get those snaps accepted by the store.

That shouldn’t make a difference, anyway the test should show this I suppose in the end.

If we are comfortable assuming the test will eventually pass, I’m ok proceeding with the original use situation.

I was too hasty answering there, classic snaps can only be installed with user consent (–classic), so automatic pulling cannot be supported.

I have manually approved the failing revision on the store.

@abeato once you are satisfied with the testing and if still required, we can add the support on the review-tools so future versions are not blocked.

The review-tools latest revision is already including the support for xlnx-config.

Thanks @emitorino. I have done some testing and things work as expected (auto-connection happens, etc.)

1 Like

Hi @emitorino - It appears that my new revision of xlnx-config does not allow the auto-connect to happen. I was under the impression that future versions would not need manual approval - is that not the case?

1 Like

Hey @to3,

You are correct. New revisions should not require manual approval. I am not aware (and I don’t see) any update or declaration granted to this snap recently. @abeato do you have any further information that can help with this issue?

Hi @emitorino thank you for confirming. I checked my lastest rev 6 and it appears to be working. I think the feedback I received may have been someone using and older version, but I wasn’t clear whether the auto-connect was ever officially added. Sounds like we’re good now. Thanks!

1 Like

That’s great. Thanks for letting us know everything is working properly. Thank you!