Request autoconnect for nuspell

I would like to request autoconnect for Nuspell as is described in https://github.com/nuspell/misc-nuspell/blob/master/snap/snapcraft.yaml

This snap required read-only access to files offered by:

• hunspell-dictionaries plug in $SNAP/var/share/hunspell
  • dictionaries installed on the host system in /var/lib/snapd/hostfs/usr/share/hunspell

This is the first time I make such request. Please let me know if you need further information.

@niemeyer @reviewers Could you review this request please? Thanks.

this is fully readable by default for any app shipped in the same snap, there is no interface needed at all (unless you want to share the content to some other snap via a content interface slot, which wont need auto connection here but a request for the snap using this interface)…

and it seems you removed the other interface from your snapcarft.yaml already …

Thanks for your reply. There was a typo in my post, the first point should relate to $SNAP/usr/share/hunspell (usr not var). The Hunspell dictionaries are shipped in another existing snap, hence the request. These dictionaries are essential for the working of this Nuspell snap.

The second point is commented out in the yaml file, but is not removed. I will uncommented it. More feedback is welcome.

@pander your request above is not very clear - can you please clarify - it looks like you are requesting auto-connect for the hunspell-dictionaries content interface provided by the hunspell-dictionaries-1-6-1804 snap, as well as system-files for access to /var/lib/snapd/hostfs/usr/share/hunspell?

If so, we need some guarantee from the publisher of hunspell-dictionaries-1-6-1804 that they will not change their content-interface in the future and so inadvertently break the nuspell snap in that case - @Lin-Buo-Ren can you please comment on this?

@alexmurray, yes, the request if for auto-connecting to those two.

Thanks @pander, so +1 from me for read access to /var/lib/snapd/hostfs/usr/share/hunspell - however, can you please rename this from system-dictionaries to hostfs-usr-share-hunspell as that makes it clearer what is being granted. Also a tentative +1 from me for auto-connect of the hunspell-dictionaries content interface from hunspell-dictionaries-1-6-1804 if @Lin-Buo-Ren can confirm that this snap will continue to support and provide this same content interface going forward.

I can confirm my commitment to maintaining the content interface(best effort-wise, of course).

@alexmurray, my colleague made the changes you have request in https://github.com/nuspell/misc-nuspell/commit/c7b190f33e0ad9bcc3c1f439eaf2d8d3b3068d44

Thanks @pander and @Lin-Buo-Ren for your responses - I’m upgrading my tentative +1 to a proper +1 for auto-connect of the hunspell-dictionaries content interface from the hunspell-dictionaries-1-6-1804 snap. Can other @reviewers please vote too?

Ping @reviewers, can you please vote on this too?

+1 for auto-connect of the hunspell-dictionaries content interface from me as well.

+2 votes for, 0 votes against, this is now live.